The unique dual specialization MSc degree programme incorporates genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing omics, next gen sequencing, big data analysis and so on in the course of study.
Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R) brings the learning experience closer to industry practices. Courses are taught by excellent faculty from industry and academia. The coursework also includes a research project as part of the curriculum.
- The student is required to obtain at least 50% in his/her Bachelor’s programme overall. Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS and BVSc)
- The eligible subject areas are: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible.
- Indian nationals, NRIs and foreign nationals who have passed the qualifying degree examination outside of India, must submit the Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities along with their application.
- For students from India : 600/-For NRI/Foreign students: 1200/-
CONFIRMATION OF ADMISSIONS
After the Personal Interview, selected candidates will should confirm their admission by paying a non-refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/- as the admission fees. On joining IBAB, this amount will be adjusted towards the semester fee.All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.NEFT DETAILS: Account No: 036005011787 Name of the Bank : ICICI Bank Branch: Electronic City
Note: Please send us the NEFT Transaction details along with the Applicant Name and Application No via email firstname.lastname@example.org.Students will have to submit their original documents at the time of admission, until the approval is received from Bangalore University.
Set of documents to be provided at the time of admission:
- Original marks cards (10th /12th/ under-graduation)
- Migration certificate: You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of the degree course. Migration Certificate is mandatory to join the IBAB course.
- Admission is liable to be cancelled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission. Any fees paid already will not be refunded.
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
S CHOLARSHIPSF EES STRUCTURE
The current tuition fees are Rs. 58,600/ per semester and a onetime refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/ on successful completion of the course.
Indian nationals, residing in India
The current tuition fees are Rs. 58,600/ per semester and a onetime refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/- on successful completion of the course.
In addtion, students will have to pay Bangalore University fees (subject to change) which are as follows:
Registration fee (one time) Rs. 10,000/-
Eligibility fee (one time) Rs. 5,000/-
The current tuition fees are USD 3,000 per year, and a onetime refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/- on successful completion of the course.
In addition, students will have to pay Bangalore University fees (subject to change) which are as follows:
Registration fee (one time) Rs. 20,000/-
Eligibility fee (one time) Rs. 25,000/-
All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.NEFT DETAILS:Account No: 036005011787Name of the Bank : ICICIBank Branch: Electronic City
|10 May 2020|
|15th May 2020|