The unique dual specialization MSc degree programme incorporates genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing omics, next gen sequencing, big data analysis and so on in the course of study.
Practical hands-on training in biotechnology (including PCR, micro-array, protein chemistry etc.) and bioinformatics (statistics, C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R) brings the learning experience closer to industry practices. Courses are taught by excellent faculty from industry and academia. The coursework also includes a research project as part of the curriculum.
- The student is required to obtain at least 50% in his/her Bachelor’s programme overall. Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BVSc and BAMS)
- The eligible subject areas are: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible.
- Apply onlineSubmit a complete application form online. You must also email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after submitting the application form. Along with online Application form, you must also pay the application fees via bank transfer:For students from India : 500/-For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/-Account No: 036005011787Name of the Bank : ICICIBank Branch: Electronic CityThe application fee is non-refundable. Please send us the NEFT Transaction details along with the Applicant Name and Application No via email email@example.com.Admissions OfficeBiotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I Bengaluru – 560100, KarnatakaFor further updates, please visit www.ibab.ac.in or mail firstname.lastname@example.orgYou can also call us at: 080 28528900/01/02 OR 096118 72946 between 10:00am and 06:00 pm, Monday to Saturday
- Online Entrance TestIBAB follows a two-tier, national selection process. There will be a preliminary round of selections through either a national-level test or a telephonic interview to assess the understanding of students in basic level physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology and English language. The questions will generally be objective-type, with short answers such as yes/no, or numbers.Selected candidates will be called for an in-person test/interview at IBAB. The precise format of selection test and interview will be informed to the students each year.
- Personal InterviewThe second round of selection for admission involves an in-person interview at IBAB, Bengaluru. Students will be short-listed for the interview based on results of online entrance exam.
- Confirmation of AdmissionAfter the Personal Interview, selected candidates will have to confirm acceptance of admission by paying the fees. Read further under Confirmation of Admission Section, below.
AP PLICATION CHECKLIST
- Write name and address in block letters. Please leave a space between any two words.
- Candidates should fill in their name as it appears in their degree certificate and avoid abbreviations.
- Write clearly the valid e-mail IDs that you use most often. This is critical to get the login and password to write the online test.
- Only photocopies of marksheets starting from 10th standard onwards up to the highest degree obtained are to be enclosed along with the application and with proof of date of birth.
- Do not send original mark sheets or certificates or any other document.
- Additional supporting document (photocopy only) is to be submitted by NRI/foreign candidates for proof of NRI/foreign status
- Applicants are encouraged to fill up the application form online. They should follow it up by immediately sending the DD for application fee, 2 passport size photos and photocopies of marksheets by post/courier.
CONFIRMATION OF ADMISSIONS
After the Personal Interview, selected candidates will should confirm their admission by paying a non-refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/- as the admission fees. On joining IBAB, this amount will be adjusted towards the semester fee.All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.NEFT DETAILS: Account No: 036005011787 Name of the Bank : ICICI Bank Branch: Electronic City
Note: Please send us the NEFT Transaction details along with the Applicant Name and Application No via email email@example.com.Students will have to submit their original documents at the time of admission, until the approval is received from Bangalore University.
Set of documents to be provided at the time of admission:
- Original marks cards (10th /12th/ under-graduation)
- Migration certificate: You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of the degree course. Migration Certificate is mandatory to join the IBAB course.
- Admission is liable to be cancelled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission. Any fees paid already will not be refunded.
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
The institute will award full/partial scholarships to meritorious and deserving candidates, at the time of admission. In addition, IBAB awards Scholarships and Medals to meritorious students at each convocation. These are listed below:
- Chief Minister’s Scholarship for the Best Female Student
- Chief Minister’s Scholarship for the Best Male Student
- Murty’s Medal of Excellence for Best All-round Performance
- Murty’s Medal of Excellence for Best Student
F EES STRUCTURE
The current tuition fees are Rs. 56,300/ per semester and a onetime refundable deposit of Rs. 20,000/ on successful completion of the course.All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.NEFT DETAILS:Account No: 036005011787Name of the Bank : ICICIBank Branch: Electronic City