Objective of the program: The objectives of the M.Sc. (Mathematics and Computing) program are to develop students with the following capabilities:
- To provide students with a knowledge, abilities and insight in Mathematics and computational techniques so that they are able to work as mathematical professional .
- To provide students with advanced mathematical and computational skills that prepares them to pursue higher studies and conduct research.
- To train students to deal with the problems faced by software industry through knowledge of mathematics and scientif ic computational techniques.
- To provide students with knowledge and capability in formulating and analysis of mathematical models of real life applications.
- To increase students self - confidence in conducting research independently or within a team.
Outcome of the program: The successful completion of this program will enable the students to:
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research independently and pursue higher studies towards the Ph.D. degree in mathematics and computing.
- Carry out development wor k as well as take up challenges in the emerging areas of Industry
- Demonstrate competence in using mathematical and computational skills to model, formulate and solve real life applications.
- Acquire deep knowledge of different mathematical and computationa l disciplines so that they can qualify NET/ GATE examination.