Mid-level industry position, researcher / analyst
Job Title: Business Analyst
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Digital Engineering is engaged in rich Scientific application and platform engineering: Desktop, Enterprise hardened Cloud ready and Cloud applications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Daily Activities Include:
- Managing product backlog, user stories and cross-product dependencies
- Meeting with customers to understand their use of the Cloud Platform and translating these requirements to product use cases and scenarios
- Engaging with customers and stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle
- Understanding long-term product vision and roadmap, translating that into User Stories for the team
- Ensures Team complies to QMS and ISMS programs
- Identify, define, analyze, prioritize and refine the requirements, and communicate those requirements to the development team.
- Participating in agile activities including product demonstrations, retrospectives, backlog grooming and sprint planning
- Cross check all the requirements are met through extensive domain testing (manual)
- Collaboration with globally distributed teams.
- Act as a proxy product owner bridging the gap between the actual product owners and scrum teams
- Collaborate with other engineers and product managers in the business to understand and provide input to product requirements.
- Participate in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
- Participate, guide and own processes and activities leading to ISO certification in teams.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational and site level development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently, Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues
- Experience to lead and drive ISO 9001/ISO 27001/any other equivalent compliance audits as part of product development
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in working in a laboratory, and is familiar with various techniques in molecular biology and cell biology.
- PhD/M.Sc/MS in Bioinformatics/molecular biology or related areas of discipline. OR Computer science degree with demonstrated experience in molecular biology.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- 6+ yrs academic or professional experience with computer programming or scripting as well as a solid understanding of modern software architecture, testing and application of BioInformatics concepts in Software development.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Experience in one of the Languages: Python, Perl, Linux/Unix scripting
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc). Agile certification is a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present technical information to both business and technology teams with clarity and precision.
- A good understanding of software development and bioinformatics is a huge plus.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).