Researcher / analyst
Sub-editor, Medicine & Life Sciences (Bengaluru)
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our editing team provides language and other publication support services to authors across the globe. Our clients are predominantly researchers whose first language is not English.
We are looking for Sub-editors in the field of Medicine and Life Sciences.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Sub-editor, you will be required to edit and format manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications.
You will report to a Team Manager.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to apply:
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance
Share this job on
At CACTUS, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, CACTUS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
All authorized CACTUS recruiters use @cactusglobal.com email addresses. Please do not entertain job offers or interview requests from anyone using other domain names. Tell me more.
- CACTUS recruiters will never ask for money/fees to process your job application.
- All job applications are processed by our in-house recruiters. We are not associated with any third parties.
- If you are unsure about the authenticity of any emails/communication from people claiming to represent CACTUS, please contact email@example.com and we will get back to you with a confirmation.
Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400093, IndiaPhone: +91–22–67148888 Fax: +91–22–67148889