Senior researcher / group leader
Sr Research Analyst I
Analysts is to work within a team responsible for global energy demand, supply and trade modeling that are used in a wide variety of contexts. The Analyst will be part of the team supporting these activities and will have a specific focus on demand aspects of the modeling where regression analysis is used. They will support the econometric and general regression analysis of the wider energy team, and help to provide insight into key regional energy markets.
Analysts is responsible for researching, analyzing and managing data processes and creating and presenting original, high quality insights into future energy trends. They will use quantitative tools to identify emerging patterns and relationships affecting the industry stakeholders and other IHS Markit clients. Position summary
The Analyst assists Directors and Consultants with economic research and data analysis for use in proprietary models as well as the compilation of project reports and presentations across a wide range of agribusiness value chains. The Analyst will initially be part of a new product development team to build several proprietor models.
Duties & accountabilities
- Discern, frame and solve basic issues and produce quality work on assignments.
- Support the senior researchers by producing quality analysis and research for consulting projects, client presentations and subscription services.
- Help develop quantitative tools to analyse the energy markets.
- Help build and organize databases used in the energy analysis and modeling.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Econometric training and practical experience. We use EViews (which is an IHS Markit product and widely used in the academic and research community) for our time-series analysis and estimations, as well as the final models used in the projections.
- Some knowledge of linear programming/optimization would be an advantage (we use Solver Foundation/Gurobi software).
- Ability to work independently, and at a distance from other team members.
- Need to fit into a multi-cultural international working environment.
- Good knowledge of MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Languages – ability to communicate in English is essential (oral and written) – the team’s operating language is English.
Statistical degree (i.e. either math, statistics or econometrics degree).
Demonstrated practical experience of using econometric software.
Some knowledge of the energy industry useful, but not essential, however interest in the sector is highly desirable.
Open to work primarily in UK shift (2:00 - 11:00 pm IST)
Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will need to be detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast paced environment
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.