Senior researcher / group leader
Position Title: Sr. Research & Analysis Analyst II
Location: Gurgaon, India
IHS Markit’s Gas, Power and Energy Futures (GPE) practice investigates the strategic issues facing the region’s energy market development and helps clients navigate an exciting yet highly uncertain market landscape via both retainer research and bespoke consulting. The South Asia regional GPE team is a part of the global regional GPE team based out of Gurgaon office, and primary focus on the key energy markets in the sub-region - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. The team is comprised of well qualified and experienced professionals from the industry carrying out fundamental analysis of the energy sector and supporting clients with market insights & strategic analysis.
Job Description Summary
IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber research analyst to join company's fast-growing Asia Pacific Gas, Power and Energy Futures (APAC GPE) practice. This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate to work in a highly respected company and with bunch of enthusiastic and experienced professionals. The Senior/Principal Analyst will The Principal Analyst will be an important member of the South Asia GPE Power and Renewable research team, supporting research & analysis, consulting and market modelling activities. He/she will focus on the Power & Renewables markets and be responsible to produce accurate, timely, analytical deliverables and able to support business development activities selling product services to perspective clients, generate consulting opportunities and lead the industry engagement.
- Lead the design and structuring of research presentation/insight papers/data deliverables
- Independently write reports (presentations/ insight papers/ blogs) with recommendations, visualizations and comprehensive analysis (limited supervision)
- Demonstrate critical-thinking skills to evaluate the quality and relevance of the information. Take timely actions to deliver on research reports (keeping in mind client needs)
- Lead the development of outlooks - assumptions development, data gathering and structuring for analytical/ modeling tools
- Identifies opportunities and collaborates with other experts in the region/ industry on the execution of complex research topic and forecasts
- Independently answering client calls and queries while demonstrating a clear ability to identify and address relevant and actionable client concerns
- Directly supports sales colleagues through presentations in sales-focused meetings/conferences
- Maintains and utilizes a network of relevant industry contacts, feeding into the analysis, forecasting, business development activities
- Represent IHS Markit in internal (webinars, energy briefings, forums) and external (seminars/ conferences) events and ability to build a network
- Support in the development of consulting proposals/ concept notes and lead delivery of consulting assignments to meet deadlines and ensures quality
Education and competencies:
- Years of experience 3-6 years
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Plexos or any other power/renewables modeling platform
- Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in Power and Renewables and knowledge of other related areas of the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to present to clients and external audiences,
- Demonstrate strong persuasion skills - influencing, motivating, and selling ideas to other people
- Demonstrate effective client management and networking skills
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defence, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Location: Gurgaon - Ambience
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.