Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job
Requisition ID: 222683
Experience : 25 years minimum
The Mechanical Engineering team is increasing capabilities to support projects in the Infrastructure business unit of Bechtel Global. There is a vacancy in the New Delhi (Gurugram) office for Specialist Engineer in the field of Water Treatment for Infrastructure and Power, Oil Gas & Chemicals, Metal & Mines projects. An engineering degree (B.E / B.Tech) in Chemical / Mechanical from a reputed institute with an industrial experience of minimum 25 years’ is required for this position. Post-graduation in the relevant field would be an advantage. Candidate should have hands on experience, working as part of engineering teams for Conceptual / Basic / Detailed Engg. FEED, EPCM, EPC modes of execution for Indian and International projects.
This position is at working level.
The Specialist Engineer will report to the Functional Chief/GL/APE/PEM and duties will include the following:
- Develop / Review design documents such as Basic Design Data, PFDs / PIDs and schematics, Layouts, data sheets for Water Packages / Systems in accordance with the project specifications, applicable codes and standards.
- Develop/review technical specifications for Equipment/Package. Review of Technical Contract requirements for completeness of data.
- Understand site specific permit requirements. Prepare Water Balance Diagram for facilities. Should be able to provide inputs for development of P&IDs and equipment sizing.
- Interact with other disciplines, Clients/PMC and Vendors.
- Preparation/review of project documents.
- Participate in technical issues on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Checking of existing systems for revised requirements. State changes for upgradation of the existing system for approval / implementation.
- Interaction with Clients, PMC, Suppliers for developing cost / schedule effective solutions.
- Interact with Specialists in other offices for requirements on project, development of data base, standards and specifications.
- Guide team members for achieving progress, maintaining quality, schedule and costs.
- Implement/Capture Lesson Learnt.
- Preparation of documentation for approval from Statutory / Regulatory agencies, State and Federal. Coordination with these agencies for getting the approvals in time.
- Resolving Vendor/Site queries.
- Engineering for working on EPC/EPCM, FEED and other modes of project execution.
Specific capabilities required for the role include experience in:
- The candidate should have experience on following areas - Water pre-treatment, DM plant- resin based and membrane based, RO plant including desalination, thermal desalination, waste water treatment including biological treatment, chemical dosing packages, cooling water cycle chemistry and cooling water treatment. Preferably should have experience on recovery system such as zero liquid discharge.
- Familiarity with for chemical preservation and safety.
- Candidate should have experience on various technologies available for pre-treatment, waste water treatment and able to select technically acceptable and optimized solution for project specific requirements.
- Ability to select correct treatment based on raw water chemistry.
- Conceptual and detail design of chemical dosing requirements for power cycle chemistry, closed cycle cooling water, including Coordinated Phosphate, All Volatile Treatment, Combined Water Treatment, anti-Scalant, dispersants, biocides etc. to mitigate corrosion and scale formation
- Up-to-date knowledge on various directives issued by VGB, EPRI and similar institutions.
- Knowledge of international codes and standards (NFPA, International Building Code, ASME, AWWA, CTI, OSHA).
- Familiarity with software tools for design calculations.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed engineering plans, specifications, standard details and other submittals to support construction.
- Ability to understand and visualize constraints within the tasks
- Ability to identify problems in design, resolve conflicts and suggest alternative solutions.
- Review and analyze all design and shop drawings, materials, schedules, etc.
- Assist in scope review, budgeting and justification of change work order.
- Understand distinct types of materials to be used and review of vendor proposed materials.
- Ability to understand the order of activities as it pertains to construction sequence, adjust construction activities as necessary to maintain the project schedule.
- Plan, organize, review and evaluate the work of contractors during execution and handover.
- Review procedures, witness testing and commissioning of equipment.
- Log and post all changes and as-built information on field drawings.
- Hands-on experience in industry.
- Knowledge of Suppliers capabilities.
- Broad working knowledge of the principles and practices of executing large projects.
Candidate will be required to:
- Plan and conduct independent work within the Bechtel India Office, using sound judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Ensure project/proposal activities are carried with sound engineering practices and of desired quality within schedule and cost.
- Interact with Global offices, execute work on workshare mode.
- Participating in Value Engineering, design and cost optimization.
- Training of Engineers
- Develop standard documentation for use on projects.
- Travel (national / international) to support activities at Client / PMC offices, construction sites, supplier’s works or in other engineering offices.
Engineer will work as part of Global Bechtel team and should have basic flair for working with personnel of different nationalities. Should have a good proficiency for spoken and written English language.
Candidate to mention their experience in projects. Details of Equipment/Packages dealt with and the extent of Engineering/involvement by self to be clearly highlighted.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.