Mid-level industry position
days alert frequency in every certain daysShare this Job Analyst /Sr.Analyst
This position serves as a product information steward by analyzing, coordinating and implementing content strategies for Chemistry products and product groups.
It supports the Chemistry group's efforts as assigned to meet the department, strategic business unit, and company objectives.
- Product Information Review and Validation
- Must have advanced experience working in MS Excel, including demonstrated use of filters, conditional formatting, pivot tables and formulas
- Chemical Structure and IUPAC Naming knowledge
- Use of Chemdraw Ultra software to draw structures to corporate conventions and validate name
- Organic chemistry background. Some Inorganic chemistry helpful.
- Attention to detail, ability to identify and correct errors in structures, names, molecular formulas
- CAS number review for correct assignment to product structure and name
- Create/update entries in new product process management systems
- Review systems and databases to find necessary information to populate data fields in new product process management systems
- Populate data from new product process management systems into the respective operating systems across multiple functional areas, some areas requiring the use of a matrices to determine the data that will be populated
- Manage time ,workflow queues and product progress to achieve desired cycle times
- Have a thorough knowledge of key data fields utilized in each system.
- Quickly identify situations that require escalation, identify root causes and take appropriate corrective actions.
Desirable: Laboratory experience within academia or the pharmaceutical/chemical industry Desirable: Good knowledge of chemistry product lines: reagents, catalysts, building blocks, etc.
- Should be able to apply subject knowledge to all our products.
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques used in research chemistry, to allow for the interpretation of chemistry literature and terminology.
- Search engine knowledge. Structure File Preparation for batch loading Knowledge of molecular file formats including .cdx (ChemDraw file extension), .mol (MDL Molfile file extension), and smiles strings (a line notation using short ASCII strings).
- Microsoft Access knowledge - to include creating and running custom queries and macros.
- Understanding of linked tables in Access.
- ChemDraw, MDL ISIS draw or other structure drawing program knowledge.
- Familiarity in working in the command line.
- Familiarity in working with FTP software (ex. FileZilla).
- Familiarity with running Oracle SQL queries in PL/SQL Developer is suggested
- Familiarity with running queries in MDL ISIS base (needed for the MDL matching process and in creating the SIAL and Discovery PR ISIS databases)
- Analyze, interpret and maintain product information (such as nomenclature, physical property data, product references and application data), following direction from Product Management and the e-Business team.
- Manage global change database (GCD) requests for the Product Information department, Ensuring accuracy and consistency of product information in various systems, like Corpbase.
- Help organize and maintain the product lines by regularly updating the Online Product Catalog (OPC) and other marketing nodes on the website.
- Maintain technical expertise of product information systems.
- Support production of electronic and print publications.
- Ability to perform right search as per requirement
- Should be able to enter data in the system with all the required parameters, under supervision from experts
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency of MS Word, MS Excel and Power point.
Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, ERP, Oracle, Database, Pharmaceutical, Science, Technology