Executive / senior industry position
The Innovation team develops game changing technologies and experiments that redefine and disrupt our current product offerings. You’ll be building and prototyping algorithms and applications on top of the collective financial data of 60 million consumers and small businesses. Applications will span multiple business lines, including personal finance, small business accounting, and tax.
You thrive on ambiguity and will enjoy the frequent pivoting that’s part of the exploration. Your team will be very small and team members frequently wear multiple hats.
In this position you will have close collaboration with the Futures Technology Group’s engineering and design teams, as well as the product and data teams in business units. Your role will range from research experimentalist to technology innovator to consultative business facilitator. You must be comfortable partnering with those directly involved with big data infrastructure, software, and data warehousing, as well as product management.
- Discover data sources, get access to them, import them, clean them up, and make them “machine learning ready”.
- Work with data scientists to create and refine features from the underlying data and build pipelines to train and deploy models.
- Partner with data scientists to understand, implement, refine and design machine learning and other algorithms.
- Run regular A/B tests, gather data, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your models.
- Work cross functionally with product managers, data scientists and product engineers, and communicate results to peers and leaders.
- Explore new technology shifts in order to determine how they might connect with the customer benefits we wish to deliver.
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledgeable with Data Science tools and frameworks (i.e. Python, Scikit, NLTK, Numpy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Keras, R, Spark).
- Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques (i.e. classification, regression, and clustering).
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation, etc.)
- Knowledge of data query and data processing tools (i.e. SQL)
- Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning).
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control systems (i.e. Git, Github) and workflows, and ability to write production-ready code.
- Mathematics fundamentals: linear algebra, calculus, probability
- Interest in reading academic papers and trying to implement state-of-the-art experimental systems
- Experience using deep learning architectures
- Experience deploying highly scalable software supporting millions or more users
- Experience with GPU acceleration (i.e. CUDA and cuDNN)
- Experience with integrating applications and platforms with cloud technologies (i.e. AWS and GCP)
- Minimum experience of at least 5 years on relevant technologies
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
© 2020 Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. For information regarding pay transparency rights, click here.
Intuit is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. We provide reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees or applicants for employment, including providing alternative methods of applying for employment for individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please talk with your recruiter or email TalentAcquisition@intuit.com.