Researcher / analyst
MedGenome Labs Ltd. is a next generation genomics company with India headquarters in Bangalore and offices in San Francisco in the US and is backed by well-known investors in India and the US. It is a market leader in the clinical genomics space in India and drives research solutions for global biotech and pharma customers in key disease areas such as oncology, ophthalmology, metabolic diseases, neurology and rare diseases.The successful candidate will be a full-time employee of MedGenome and will work for the Bioinformatics R&D DATA group to provide support for various research projects.
implementation of data analysis for various projects.
- Integration of in-house and external data sources.
- Development of efficient framework and tools for data analysis.
- Development of robust quality control for the data.
- Develop, evaluate, and validate bioinformatics tools to establish correctness of the tool.
- Prepare reports, charts, graphs, and presentations as required.
- Proficient in at least one of the programming languages a big must: Python, Perl.
- Proficient in R programming and various packages related to bioinformatics.
- Strong knowledge of NGS data analysis especially DNA-seq analysis including variant calling, annotation and interpretation.
- Knowledge of various bioinformatics tools – GATK, Samtools, freebayes, BWA, Bowtie, STAR, Picard, bedtools, Samblaster, VeP, Hail.
- Knowledge of databases – mySQL/ORACLE, noSQL framework like MongoDb.
- Masters/PhD/Post-doc. in a scientific discipline related to the responsibilities of the position (i. e. Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Informatics). Strong track record of problem solving and major contribution to previous work and publications.
You will also be expected to have:
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” entrepreneurial, start-up attitude.
2019 © MedGenome • All Rights Reserved