Mid-level industry position
Other International SRK Websites
SRK KolkataSRK Mining Services (India) Pvt Ltd CE 106, Sector-1 Salt Lake City Kolkata 700064 West Bengal, IndiaTel:
SRK Consulting is an employee-owned, independent, international consulting practice, providing integrated consulting services to the resource sector. We are seeking a Resource Geologist with a strong resource estimation focus to join our highly experienced team of consultants in our India office. This role offers the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects both in India and internationally where you can develop your skills and reputation.
Description of Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be part of a team providing specialised consulting services to our clients, working both in the office and in the field. He or she will consult on both Indian and International projects for our clients. The role will primarily be focused on exploration database management, review of QAQC results, geological interpretation, 3D geological modelling and grade estimation across a wide range of commodities. You will be required to conduct site visits to collect and assess geological information. As a Resource Geologist, you will be involved in project work with more senior staff who will mentor and assist you in developing your technical skills and career aspirations, as well as gradually building up a network of clients.
- At least a post-graduate degree in geology.
- At least five years of experience in resource estimation, together with appropriate experience of undertaking geological logging, planning and implementation of QAQC protocols, database management.
- Sound geological understanding of ore deposits with the necessary skills to build a 3-D geological model is a must.
- Proficiency with computerised resource estimation tools with a working knowledge of basic statistics and geostatistics will be regarded favourably.
- Experience in the use of Datamine Studio 3 or Datamine EM/RM; and Leapfrog Geo is a must.
- Sound understanding of the requirements of the CRIRSCO type international public reporting codes, such as the JORC Code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill in English.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Previous consulting experience will also be regarded favourably.
Warning regarding fraudulent job offers.
Please be aware that fraudsters have been known to contact people looking for work and offer false roles at SRK.
We treat such incidents very seriously and report any such occurrences to relevant regulatory and law enforcement agencies.