Researcher / analyst
The Research Analyst functions as a core member of the team to produce quality analysis and assist senior staff in maintaining and updating the chemical database.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Perform operational and financial research on the portfolios of major refining and chemical companies. Transform that research into clear and compelling insight.
- Support activities of senior researchers by producing quick-turnaround analysis and research for publications, consulting projects, and client presentations.
- Understanding refinery and chemical trends and relating them to companies to assess their performance. Monitor company websites, annual reports, SEC filings etc.
- Under supervision or as part of a team effort, respond to research-related questions from clients by working in a highly collaborative fashion; requires learning the roles and expertise of others on research teams, seeking out help from other colleagues, become familiar with our research products and client request procedures.
- Gain knowledge and skills by actively contributing to the above listed activities, pursing activities/work in various disciplines, and staying abreast of current/hot topics.
- Collecting and analyzing financial information of refining and chemical companies. Assess trends, key trigger points and link them to company’s strategic intent.Review internal IHSM data sources and work on in-house models.
- Update IHSM Chemical ChemAssets database to reflect changes. Efficiency, accuracy, and attention to detail are essential.
- Ensure that client deliverables are of the highest quality and completed according to schedule.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with MS applications is required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases is helpful.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly effective organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible and able to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with good problem-solving skills.
Qualification and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in research and analysis (Chemical industry exposure - a plus).
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.