Researcher / analyst
IHS Markit’s Gas, Power and Energy Futures (GPE) practice investigates the strategic issues facing the region’s energy market development and helps clients navigate an exciting yet highly uncertain market landscape via both retainer research and bespoke consulting. The South Asia regional GPE team is a part of the global regional GPE team based out of Gurgaon office, and primary focus on the key energy markets in the sub-region - India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. The team is comprised of well qualified and experienced professionals from the industry carrying out fundamental analysis of the energy sector and supporting clients with market insights & strategic analysis.
Job Description Summary
IHS Markit is seeking to appoint a high-caliber research analyst to join company's fast-growing Asia Pacific Gas, Power and Energy Futures (APAC GPE) practice. This position offers a significant opportunity to the successful candidate to work in a highly respected company and with bunch of enthusiastic and experienced professionals. The Senior/Principal Analyst will The Principal Analyst will be an important member of the South Asia GPE Power and Renewable research team, supporting research & analysis, consulting and market modelling activities. He/she will focus on the Power & Renewables markets and be responsible to produce accurate, timely, analytical deliverables and able to support business development activities selling product services to perspective clients, generate consulting opportunities and lead the industry engagement.
- Independent client facing and interactions (both internal and external)
- Mentor others in performing analysis and peer review written analysis by team members
- Lead the power market modeling activities for South Asia region (Plexos modeling) to deliver outlooks and support consulting projects
- Identify consulting opportunities and independently lead developing proposals/ concept notes (in-collaboration with consulting lead) to make client pitch
- Demonstrate capability to independently execute consulting and research projects in addition to working closely in a team environment
- Represent IHS Markit in internal (webinars, energy briefings, forums) and external (seminars/ conferences) events and effective networking
- Critical thinking ability to develop business, design products, and recommends/ implements solutions and best practices for technical and business challenges
Education and competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Plexos or any other power market modeling platform
- Requires depth and/or breadth of expertise in Power and Renewables and knowledge of other related areas of the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to present to clients and external audiences,
- Demonstrate strong persuasion skills - influencing, motivating, and selling ideas to other people
- Demonstrate effective client management and networking skills
What You'll Love About Us – Do ask us about these!
- Total Rewards. Monetary, beneficial and developmental rewards!
- Work Life Balance. You can't do a good job if your job is all you do!
- Prepare for the Future. Academy – we are all learners; we are all teachers!
- Employee Assistance Program. Confidential and Professional Counselling and Consulting.
- Diversity & Inclusion. HeForShe!
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.