Researcher / analyst
J.P. Morgan’s Global Quants Group in Mumbai was set up in 2013 as an extension of the Firm’s global quants teams around the world. It is a fast growing team covering multiple asset classes across geographies. It provides in-depth knowledge that is behind our Investment Banking, Structuring, Sales & Trading and Research businesses around the globe. Deeply integrated with our Investment Banking business, the team facilitates deals and transactions by providing vital research and insight.
We are seeking a person to join the JP Morgan Quantitative Research team focused on Interest Rate and IR Hybrids business. Relevant education would be in the area of Financial Mathematics, with focus on interest rate models, eq/fx models, and programming. We expect the person to share in a balanced mixture of responsibilities, including model research and development, model documentation, pricing and risk investigation, product-specific analysis, software development and discussions with the trading desk.
- Rapid prototyping of models and products; benchmark and compare results of various techniques.
- Explain model behavior and predictions to traders and controllers, identify major sources of risk in portfolios, carry out scenario analysis, provide guidance / debug analytics.
- Write well-formulated documents of model specification and implementation testing.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong software development and C++ / programming skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellence in probability theory, stochastic processes, partial differential equations, and numerical analysis
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Masters /PhD or equivalent degree from top tier schools/programs in Mathematics, Mathematical Finance, Physics or Engineering
Desirable skills / experience:
Join our Talent Community
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.