Research assistant / technician
Positions for Project Assistants and Research Associates on IMPRINT II Project
Applications are invited from the citizens of India for Project Assistant and Research Associate positions in the SERBand MHRD sponsored IMPRINT –II project at the participating Institutes of IISER Kolkata, CSIR-NCL Pune, IIT Bombay and SP College, Pune. This temporary position will be initially for a period of one year and depending upon the performance, it will likely to be continued for next two years or till the completion of the project whichever is earlier.
Formic Acid and Methanol Using Non-Precious Transition Metal Catalysed Homogeneous Hydrogenation (Project Code: IMP/2018/001208/EN)
- Project Assistant (3 positions): As per SERB norms
- Research Associate (1 position): The consolidated salary would be between Rs.47,000/- to Rs.54,000/-depending on the experience and as per the norms where the candidate would be posted.
Job description: The ProjectAssistants will be involved in Computational work/ synthesis of catalysts/ developing the synthesis methodologies/reaction engineering and kinetics.The candidate will also have to actively participate in all complimentary activities related to the project along with project work.
Project Assistant:Motivated candidates with first classMSc degree (General Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Inorganic Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Material Science/) and B. Tech in Chemical Engineering along withconsistently good academic record with valid GATE score/ SET/NET-LS/can apply. Prior experience in the computational chemistry/synthesis/characterization/reaction engineering and kinetics are desirable.
Highly meritorious and motivated candidates with a PhD degree in Chemistry with specialisation in Theoretical Chemistry/ Computational Material Chemistry may apply.
Eligible candidates should send the applications to Professor Sourav Pal at email@example.com August 19, 2019. The application email should contain the subject “IMPRINT PA/RA Application”. The application should include a cover letter and CV of the applicant along with the names of three references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. Skype interview is also possible.
Date of Interview: August 30, 2019 Place: CSIR- NCL, Pune
- The selected candidates will have to work at anyone of the following institutes as per the requirements of the project.
- IISER Kolkata (Professor Sourav Pal)
- IIT Bombay (Prof. GK Lahiri and Dr. D. Maiti)
3. CSIR-NCL, Pune (Dr.Amol Kulkarni)
- SP College, Pune (Dr.Vidya Avasare)
- The project work can be considered for PhD degree subject to approval from the funding agencies and participating institutes, if required.
Queries @ firstname.lastname@example.org