Researcher / analyst
Welcome to the world of Medical Editing.
What is Medical Editing?
Medical Editing presents doctors (with an MBBS degree), PhD or any science graduate proficient in the English language and passionate about communicating science with the opportunity to work in an exciting, high-growth industry outside the clinical sphere. Medical Editors use their understanding of the subject matter, the medical industry, and publication norms to convert complex scientific content into error-free, publication-ready documents that are both scientifically and linguistically accurate.
At CACTUS, Medical Editors are part of the Medical Writing team that specializes in providing scientifically rigorous medical and scientific writing services for pharmaceutical corporations, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We are looking for candidates with advanced medical or life-science degrees and a flair for English to join our team of world-class medical editors and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment.
As a Medical Editor at CACTUS, you will be required to:
- Ensure timely delivery of error-free, high-quality medical documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, presentations, etc.) that meet international standards of written English by
- Correcting errors in grammar, style, and syntax
- Ensuring accuracy of the data and content presented
- Identifying and fixing flaws in logic and flow
- Following style guides/templates provided by the client
- Work with the Managing Editor to develop best-practice-driven internal standards
- Help Medical Writers upgrade their English-language skills
- High level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Prior experience in editorial processes in a medical communications agency
Compensation: In keeping with industry standards and candidate’s skills/experience
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
- Application process
To Apply, please click here to take a short medical editing test.
For more details, you can call on +91 22 6714 8888 (ext 7171) or write to us on email@example.com.
Share this job on
At CACTUS, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, CACTUS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
All authorized CACTUS recruiters use @cactusglobal.com email addresses. Please do not entertain job offers or interview requests from anyone using other domain names. Tell me more.
- CACTUS recruiters will never ask for money/fees to process your job application.
- All job applications are processed by our in-house recruiters. We are not associated with any third parties.
- If you are unsure about the authenticity of any emails/communication from people claiming to represent CACTUS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with a confirmation.
Andheri (East), Mumbai - 400093, IndiaPhone: +91–22–67148888 Fax: +91–22–67148889