Mid-level industry position, practitioner / consultant
Pioneer a brighter futureAt Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of the Food & Beverages division, you will provide biological solutions that help improve what the world eats and drinks. Hygiene Engineer, Mumbai.Provide technical support for the production of enzymes in accordance with Novozymes requirements. Optimize the processes and equipment to improve our performance from a hygiene and GMP perspective. Responsible for implementing compliance change projects within Production.Reports To GM-Supply OperationsSupervises Project supervision including the supervision of external resources like interns and contractors. May serve as leader of technology focus area or cross functional teamsResponsibilities General Duties
- Lead the implementation of hygiene and GMP better practices that are generated in the company. The primary focus is for the MUMBAI factory but may include global work as required.
- Manage and continually improve the hygiene and GMP program in the MUMBAI factory.
- Monitor and follow up on the flush water samples to ensure CIP in control.
- Have responsibility for the CIP system and share equipment ownership with the responsible process engineer. Drive and own all projects involving improvement in our CIP systems and/or process.
- Work to assist the production departments in maintaining compliance to the necessary regulatory requirements; especially those focused on quality and food safety.
- Drive hygiene and GMP improvement process and projects throughout the factory; own the improvement plans for key areas
- Stay updated on selected technologies which will ensure continued excellence within the hygiene field. Stay abreast of developments within the field, both internally to Novozymes and externally.
- Own and continually update the GMP improvement plan for the entire factory
- Interact as the primary interface to QM on issues related to quality and food safety.
Process Support Duties
- Optimize our process from a microbial and cross-contamination point of view including revising product manufacturing directions (PMD) in collaboration with process engineers.
- Work with process engineers to determine and correct the root cause for microbial contaminations
- Participate together with the process engineers in the introduction of new products.
- Track and support the management of our products with a focus on hygiene specifications
Plant Design and Technology Duties
- Continuously improve piping design and plant layout in order to meet our processing hygiene, safety and GMP specifications
- Take an active role in the new equipment/capital project process to ensure that both the User Requirements and Specifications and Qualifications programs meet the necessary hygiene and GMP requirements.
- Work to monitor and improve the clean-ability of existing equipment.
- Lead the selection of and participate in the investigation, testing and implementation of new technologies from a hygienic point of view.
- Ensure a clean, safe, and well-structured warehouse that is in compliance with our SAP requirements with strong lean concepts
- Prepare production reports, including monthly report according to company systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by MUMBAI Operations Management Team Initiate minor addition projects and other investment application projects; se-cure the IA lives up with the design.
Basic Qualification Education/Experience
- Minimum of BS in Chemical, Mechanical, Food, or Industrial Engineering Minimum 5 years of relevant experience preferred (BS) or 3 years (MS). Excellent and demonstrated skills in Food or Biological processing.
- Efficient oral and written communication skills in Chinese and English required. Senior Engineer
- As above but with 10 years (BS) and 6 years (MS) Documented and proven experience with Hygiene and GMP Ability to lead and globally influence
Budgets This position may have budgetary control over key projects and activities as determined by the Process Engineering ManagerContractorsAre you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.About NovozymesNovozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.comRanked #2 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2017.Please apply online: http://novozymes.com/en/careersRef: 6150BR