Mid-level industry position
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Financial Consultant for Optum Insight, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way. Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the State Government business to provide overall financial management of Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) and Integrated Eligibility engagements
- Work closely with the Project Client Executive / Director / Project Manager in review of project forecasts
- Provide financial oversight and consultation to program delivery team
- Anticipate and identify existing and potential financial issues on current contracts and provide solutions by performing financial analysis of assigned contracts projected staff hours, contract totals, revenues, and profit totals
- Develop budgets for assigned contract and manage / track performance to budgets
- Oversight for project cost control and management from project inception to close-out
- Coordinate and provide feedback to other departments (Accounting, Contracts, Program Delivery, IT) to improve company efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide Accounting with monthly billing and information as required
- Provide assistance to Program Management Team in creation and management of project dashboards, forecasts and financial metrics
- Financial oversight of three significant capital projects that are the foundation of product offering
- Support of State Government FP&A activities - month-end close and forecasting
- 5+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Financial modeling background, with P&L management and data mining experience
- Established skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Project financial management and modeling experience
- Experience financially manage a portfolio of programs of various sizes with a demonstrated knowledge of different contract types
- Experience in the State Medicaid market
- Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Oracle PeopleSoft, Deltek Costpoint experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Job FamilyFinance
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.