Mid-level industry position
Share this Job Title: Engineer , R&D
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Seeking a DSP Software engineer (Layer-1 Platform) to design, develop and integrate 4G & 5G Layer-1 for a telecommunication product. Prefer experience on Xilinx, Freescale or TI SoC.
You will have the opportunity to participate in architecture decisions while also being involved in product and design processes. As a niche business looking to expand and modernize our suite of products we deal with some very interesting challenges, and we are looking for someone who relishes the opportunities and demands that this setting provides. You’ll always be encouraged and expected to contribute ideas to improve our technology and products.
- Programming SoCs and Multi-core processors at application software and platform level.
- Design and implementation of L1-L2/FAPI interface.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of layer-1 software designs.
- Embedded software platform requirement analysis, architecture, design and development.
- Write functional, design and test specifications.
- Prototyping software for new products on very tight timelines.
- Assist junior engineers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with hardware and system engineering teams and stakeholders
- Architect and Define the System from Hardware, Software, Inter Layers Communication perspective and Performance Perspective.
- Drive the Architecture into realization, Validate and Take decisions on Hardware / Software Choices for Multi-Core / Multi-Processor, Processing splits, Performance, Latency Scalability aspects, Find the Alternate approaches for critical Customer or Field Issues.
- Design and Implementation of Layer-1 Software, Mixed Signal Software, RF, FPGA/ DSP Modules and Algorithms.
- Debug the field and Integration issues from algorithms, Design, Scalability and Performance point of view.
Related Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CSE/ECE with 8+ Years of related technical experience.
- Experience with design & development on multi-threaded, multi-processor and SoC platforms.
- Experience on DSP RTOS (Real time operating system) i.e. HWI, SWI, tasks, mailboxes, semaphores, interrupts, timers, clock functions, events.
- Experience on writing device drivers to control & configure hardware accelerators (For example Freescale-Maple, TI-Layer1 acceleration unit, FPGA bases HW accelerators).
- Good understanding of Processor HW interfaces, instruction and data buses architecture, DMA, and memory subsystems.
- Good Programing skills in C, assembly language and code optimization techniques.
- Experience of implementing layer-1 DSP platform software on Freescale (SC3850, SC3900) or TI DSP (64xx) or any SIMD processor using C, intrisics and assembly.
- Good knowledge on Multi-Core and Multi-Processor hardware architecture, Interfaces and Implementation
- Understanding of 5G, LTE, LTE-A Specification, End-to-end Procedures
- Good Knowledge on Test equipment’s like UE Simulator, VSA / VSG, Logic Analyzer and Network Analyzer.
- Experience of implementing FAPI interface between L1 & L2.
- Excellent debugging skills using standard and advanced H/W and S/W debuggers (GDB, Lauterbach and JTAG ).