Researcher / analyst
Research Analyst I, Agribusiness, Gurgaon - India
IHS Markit (NASDAQ: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
SUMMARY :The Research Analyst functions as a core member of the team to produce quality analysis and assist senior staff in creating reports that will go on the Agribusiness platform.
Duties & accountabilities
- Perform analysis of specific supply/demand factors of vegetable oils markets, with a particular focus on the Indian veg oils market.
- Support activities of senior researchers by producing quick-turnaround analysis and research for publications, consulting projects, and client presentations.
- Understanding the production factors, import/export, processing margins and end user applications of vegetable oils, particularly in India.
- Under supervision or as part of a team effort, respond to research-related questions from clients by working in a highly collaborative fashion; requires learning the roles and expertise of others on research teams, seeking out help from other colleagues, become familiar with our research products and client request procedures.
- Gain knowledge and skills by actively contributing to the above listed activities, pursing activities/work in various disciplines, and staying abreast of current/hot topics.
- Collecting and analysing data on Indian vegetable oils. Assess trends, key trigger points and link them to market participants’ strategic intent. Review internal IHS data sources and work on in-house models.
- Prepare marketing collaterals and a news briefs for promoting current products.
- Ensure that client deliverables are of the highest quality and completed according to schedule.
- Updating important databases relate to vegetable oil production, world trade, consumption, stocks and use in bio-fuels.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency with MS applications is required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases is helpful.
- Keen attention to detail and highly effective organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible and able to work effectively and collaboratively with all co-workers.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with good problem-solving skills.
Qualification and Experience
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Location: Gurgaon - Ambience
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.