Researcher / analyst
Tough challenges? We know a thing or two about those. When you’re on a mission to help people live healthier lives, the stakes couldn’t be higher. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will help rewrite the future of the health care system. You’ll analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy ideas to impact the lives of millions. Along with ground-breaking challenge, you'll have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 company.
As a key member of the Clinical Reporting and Analysis Team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Business Analyst Consultant, you will be challenged to conduct and assist operations with business outcomes that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational performance steering and business planning. You’ll work directly with both product and operational leaders to support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational reporting and dashboards. You will assist product and operations to develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes. You will be challenged to understand new data systems, creating data updates and automation to drive consistency for operational and business planning. As part of this elite team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support Operational and Product partners of VA Premier Client with operational insights into performance as dedicated, aligned reporting & analysis partner
- Solution, develop, consult, and support operational and product’s analysis needs
- Help establish strong relationships and a deep understanding of ops teams, their needs, and the clients they serve in regular touch points and meetings
- Build comprehensive operational Tableau tools to measure client, program, process, and staff performance
- Support environment of collaboration with others, remaining flexible to changing business needs, and is accountable to others with action items and deliverables
- Learn operational documentation and available data for reporting and ad - hoc needs
- Work with business partners to create business metrics and performance indicators
- Host business reviews with partners and facilitate action planning, support business review content through data aggregate, reporting, and presentation as needed
- Create reporting or give insights on operational processes to highlight opportunities to business partners for more accurate documentation and reporting
- Helps identify, discuss, and establish proactive improvement plans for performance gaps and facilitates conversations on opportunities with performance and drive actions
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Consults and guide others on reporting, data, and analysis practices
- Organized but willing to adjust direction when necessary
Are you up for navigating a complex matrix of business units and teams? We share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. It’s going to take all you’ve got to create valuable solutions to improve the health care system.
- 7+ years of Business Analysis (working with data systems, data querying, report building, analysis generation)
- 3+ years previous experience using data to highlight opportunities, analyzing that data to create insights and actionable recommendations to product and operational partners
- Excellent communication, relationship development, memory, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to interact effectively with partners at all levels of the organization
- Ability to communicate analysis including trends and opportunities to business partners in writing and verbally communication
- Eye for detail and keen design sense to highlight action items in reporting and analysis
- Ability to problem solve including multiple priorities and research data feasibility scope
- Expert proficiency with Tableau
- Experience working within a matrix organization
- Intermediate level of proficiency with T-SQL
- Working knowledge of relational databases, database structures
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work with less structured, more complex issues
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Job FamilyBusiness Operations
- affordable and quality health care should be available to everyone.
The fraudulent emails, which do not originate from any of UnitedHealth Group’s email domains, or those of any of its operating divisions, supposedly ask recipients to contact the sender to start the company’s hiring process by downloading software and/or requesting a fee. UnitedHealth Group will never request you download software or pay a fee of any sort to explore employment opportunities with our company.
If you wish to verify the legitimacy of any email purporting to have been sent by or on behalf of UnitedHealth Group recruiters, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance. You also may inquire via email to email@example.com.
© 2019 Optum Global Solutions (Ireland) Limited. All rights reserved.
UnitedHealth Group is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodation for any part of the application process, or you encounter technical difficulties, please call 1-800-561-0861 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT, Monday - Friday, for assistance.
UnitedHealth Group is a registered service mark of UnitedHealth Group, Inc. The UnitedHealth Group name with the dimensional logo, as well as the dimensional logo alone, are both service marks for the UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.