Jul 25, 2020
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Associate Scientist – Agricultural & Resource Economics to carry out technology adoption/impact studies in South Asia. The person will contribute to projects mostly in South Asia. This is a position open for Indian nationals only. The candidate should be an experienced quantitative researcher and will work closely with the research team at The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT).
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) is a non-profit research and training institution dedicated to both the development of improved varieties of wheat and maize with the aim of contributing to food security, and the introduction of improved agricultural practices to smallholder farmers to help boost production, prevent crop disease and improve their livelihoods. It is also one of the 15 non-profit, research and training institutions affiliated with the CGIAR, formerly known as the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. For more information visit www.cimmyt.org
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in ub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information,visit www.icrisat.org
Qualifications and Experience:
The position is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position and will be initially for 12 months with the possibility of extension depending upon work performance of the incumbent and funding availability.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 16 August 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”
- Independently carry out adoption and impact studies on sustainable intensification technologies in the cereal production systems of South Asia.
- Assist the Supervisor in developing new project ideas and research proposal development.
- Conduct quantitative analyses on technological change in agrarian communities of South Asia, identifying opportunities and constraints to inclusive diffusion of innovations.
- Publish research results in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Provide guidance to colleagues and partners on issues related to impact assessment and analysis of technological change in the cereal systems of South Asia.
- Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and the Supervisor
- A Ph.D. degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Economics, or a related discipline with a strong focus on applied research with at least one year of experience
- Experience in conducting and analyzing farm household surveys using Computer-Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI).
- Skills in quantitative research methods in general and spatially-explicit modeling in particular.
- Proficiency in R, Stata, and QGIS would be required.
- Strong communication skills in spoken and written English and one or more South Asian languages.
- Experience in project management would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the study area.
- Share Post:
Equipping the rural poor with long term hope through making farming and agribusiness profitable in the drylands
ICRISAT leads this CGIAR Research Program
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.