The National Center for Biological Sciences & Insti tute for Stem Cell B iology and R egenerative Medecine Bangalore Bio - Cluster Animal Care and Resource Center is looking for new Facility Assistants to work in our world class Specific Pathogen Free laboratory animal facility. This is a great opportunity for young scien tist or tech nicians wishing to gain experience and high quality training in SPF Laboratory Animal Sciences .
Qualification & Exp erience: JRF level / BE/B.Tech/ M.Pharma/Masters in any biol ogical sciences discipline with prior experience or training in l aboratory animal sciences. P reference will be given to candidates with g ood experience and expertise in mou se methodologies and surgeries with excellent organization, recordke eping, and communication skills. Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of an imal care takers/support staff and students.
- Assist the facility v eterinarian in provi ding guidance and training to new students/animal users/care taker staff in the proper use of the SPF Animal facility, humane handling of animals, implement ing facility SOPs and proper laboratory animal Ethics .
- Training and a ssisting users in surgical procedures such as anes thesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tail biopsies for genotyping, establishing timed pregnant females, euthanasia etc.
- Rigorous animal monitoring and m anagement of breeding and experimental animal usage records us ing the barcoded Animal Colony M anagement System.
- Assisting the Mouse Genome Engineering staff in various related mol ecular biology procedures, in vitro fe rtilization, stock cryopreservation, embryo transfers and animal surgeries.
- The Animal Facility is an essential service, so selected Facility Assistant must be ready to work in shifts during Week - Ends and h olidays when required as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
Pay Scale: As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification.
Research assistant / technician
Bangalore , India