International Workshop on Microfluidics (24 - 28 February, 2020)
Invited Speakers for International Workshop on Microfluidics (24 - 28 February, 2020)
CNC Milling Machine
Monday, February 24, 2020 - 09:00–Friday, February 28, 2020 - 16:00
Microfluidics is the science and technology of manipulating and analyzing fluid flow in sub-millimeter dimensions. It is the key enabling technology for many emerging applications and disciplines, especially in the fields of medicine, environmental sensing, biology, and chemistry. Also in engineering and the physical sciences, microfluidic systems are employed in applications such as control systems, heat management, and energy generation. This workshop intended for research students (UG & PG), Industrial and Academic professionals, working in the field of Chemical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material science, Bio-Engineering and Biotechnology. This workshop aims to provide the participants with the fundamental knowledge in microfluidics and its applications in the product developments. Also, participants will gain hands-on experience with microfluidic device fabrication, surface characterization and multiphase flow experiments and simulations.
Topics and Workshop Organisation:
- Microfluidic device fabrication techniques•
- Applications of microfluidics in Bio-medical and Biotechnology•
- Challenges in microfluidics research for Industrial commercialization•
- Hands-on experience with fabrication and surface characterization techniques•
- Hands-on experience with microfluidics experiments and CFD simulations
Following are the key learning objectives:
- Understand the fundamentals of microfluidics technology and its applications
- Understand the different micro-fabrication techniques and hands-on experience with Laser & CNC milling.
- Gain knowledge on different channel surface treatment techniques and hands-on experience with Profilometer, Advance Goniometer and Stereo-microscope.
- Understand the experimental characterization and Numerical investigations of multiphase flows in micro-channels.
- Gain hands-on experience with multiphase flows experiments using instruments such as Pressure based flow controllers, Gas Mass Flow controllers, LED Illuminator and CCD camera, etc.,
- Understand the role of microfluidics technology in biomedical applications.
- Gain hands-on experience with multiphase flows simulations using CFD tools such as Open FOAM and COMSOL.
- Provide insights on recent development and challenges of microfluidics research for industrial applications and commercialization.
Important Dates:Registration Deadline: 17 Feb 2020
Participants from Industry: Rs. 3000Research Scholars & Students : Rs. 1500
Note: Registration fee includes registration kit, lunch, high-tea during the workshop days and workshop dinner on 27 Feb 2020.
A limited number of rooms with shared accommodation are available in hostels/guest house of Shiv Nadar University. Accommodation will be arranged only on a request basis.
Note: In case of participants choosing on-campus accommodation will have to pay Rs. 250 per night on a sharing basis. Participants are advised to pay the accommodation charges along with the registration fees.
Department of Chemical EngineeringDepartment of Physics
Railway station: New Delhi (43km),Ghaziabad (25 km)Bus stand: Pari Chowk, Greater Noida (17 km)University shuttle transport will be available from Pari Chowk from15:00 - 20:00 hrs.
Payment (NEFT/ RTGS)
Please use the following university account details and after successful payment, do share the payment receipt/details via email (email@example.com). After receiving the payment receipt we will confirm your payment via email. Participation in the workshop will only be confirmed by providing information in the registration link followed by sharing the payment proof to firstname.lastname@example.org.
09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Tuesday, 19 Nov 2019Design Seminar and Workshop: ‘Design Maths’ by Anuj Prasad, a well-known designer and Founder & CEO, Desmania Design, New Delhi.
Thank you for taking the time to explore and give feedback to our site. It is highly valuable for us, to shape and improve your digital experience.